What can an Axiom propeller do for your Narrowboat?
- Improved steering response ahead and astern.
- A reduction in noise and vibration throughout the vessel
- A reduction in wake (as the hull lay flatter in the water)
- Powerful and controllable forward and reverse thrust
- The elimination of prop walk
- Up to a 7% reduction in fuel consumption, constant cruising boats have reported a 15% fuel saving
- Easy steering off tunnel walls
- Lower wash
- Stopping distance reduced to within boat's own length
- Greater control
- Smoother tiller operation
- With a greater stopping ability, boating is made safer for everybody
"It seems amazing to me that after all these years of boats using props someone could come up with a substantial improvement. But it certainly seems they have." Read more testimonials from Axiom customers here
Axiom Water Propellers Limited is an independent, family owned company based in Northamptonshire which has been manufacturing propellers for narrow boats, barges and yachts across the world since 2008.
Axiom Propeller's aim is to improve boat handling, safety and enjoyment through the use of a technologically advanced, reliable propeller.
The patented symmetrical blade design of the propeller is the product of more than 20 years research and development in marine propulsion resulting in a technologically advanced, reliable propeller, proven to produce significant fuel savings. The Axiom Propeller is manufactured using the highest quality materials to suit individual requirements and is available for all displacement vessels and propulsion systems.
The Axiom Propeller offers a narrowboat a number of key improvements in the way the boat travels through the water, stops and reverses. The Axiom Propeller is able to stop a narrowboat within its own length, without the unpredictable "prop walk" that can cause problems in shallow water.
The propeller's symmetrical blade design provides dramatically improved stopping distances and also gives the narrowboat controllable reversing. With an Axiom Propeller fitted, the handling of the narrowboat will become precise, smooth and responsive with a minimum of wash and wake.